New York City

The New York Times

April 22, 2015

Coming to New York for the first time is pretty awesome, but the second time is even better. I left all the sightseeing rush behind me and just enjoyed all the different foods and entertainment the city has to offer. And that’s a lot. For example, there’s Smorgasburg – an outdoor food fair at the Brooklyn Bridge Park, where you choose between BBQ, Asian, Latin-American or have it all-together in a fusion snack. The ethnic mix of the food landscape is as diverse as the inhabitants of NYC – so whatever I ate – Thai, Vietnamese, Mexican – it always has been good and I rarely found that quality (and price) in Austria. Another thing I didn’t want to miss was seeing a Broadway musical. My pick was The Lion King, as it’s one of my favourite movies. The show has been running for many years and still is super successful (which means the tickets are still expensive). Now I know why: Lovely costumes, great soundtrack – if you like the movie, you know what I’m talking about 🙂 I also caught up with some familiar and new faces of my bf’s friends, which was a lot of fun, more food and of course drinks 😉

Smorgasburg at Brookyln Bridge ParkSmorgasburg vendorsAsian fusion Hot dogChicken Adobo TacoGoa Taco was the best!In the cityAlways-busy-Times SquareAlways-busy-Times SquareMinskoff Theatre on Broadway

Yummy Thai foodSigns of springBar-selfieDean & Deluca Gourmet MarketSweet delicacies at Dean & DelucaA feast with lots of sake

• Reply benjii1993 April 22, 2015 at 8:18 pm

Great pictures! Seems like you had a great time. I have also been in NY one time, but I need to go here again! And like you, I think the second time is better!

• Reply Sileas April 22, 2015 at 8:30 pm

Thank you! Yeah I feel a city of that size should be visited at least twice. And NY in particular never gets boring 🙂

• Reply Nathalie von Nat Worldwild May 3, 2015 at 9:13 pm

Ein schöner Mix aus NYC-Fotos! Lion King war wirklich toll! Wenn du nochmal da bist, kann ich dir auch den absoluten Klassiker “Phantom of the Opera” (Gänsehaut-Feeling pur!) und Mamma Mia (gute Laune Garantie!) empfehlen. Oh, how I miss New York! 😉

• Reply sileas May 3, 2015 at 10:37 pm

Danke für die Tips! Das war meine erstes Broadway Musical und ich war begeistert! Freue mich auch schon aufs nächste Mal 😉

• Reply 2015 – A travel year in review | sweet/escapes January 3, 2016 at 7:02 pm

[…] New York in the spring time means pleasant temperatures and as always, the city is limitless in things to see and do. […]

• Reply New York, New York… – sweet/escapes May 16, 2016 at 10:05 am

[…] bore you too much). If you can’t get enough of NYC, I’d be happy if you check out my previous visit. And I can’t wait to show you what we ate on my next post […]