Austria Destinations

Alpine incentive in Leogang

October 2, 2015

Dear beloved readers, September has been busy for me and it kind of scares me how fast that month has passed by… I’ve been traveling a lot and my bf came to visit – hence I had no time to keep my blog up to date. That means I have tons of photos and lots to catch up, and although I have to skip my monthly Vienna roundup (there was hardly any time to go anywhere else), I have a lot more material about a medieval festival in Lower Austria, Berlin and some great places in the alps. So where should I start first? I guess I’ll just go chronologically:

Beginning of September we had our annual strategic meeting of our company. Luckily that has nothing to do with any boring, ordinary meeting as it usually lasts a few days and takes place at a cool location. My bosses aren’t afraid of any costs, which means we get to stay in nice hotels, having lots of great food and drinks as well as an exciting leisure program. This time we went to Leogang, a popular holiday destination in the alps in the province of Salzburg. The hotel mama thresl was one of the best hotels I’ve ever stayed in – it’s cool and cozy at the same time and the staff is just incredible! I’d consider to go there again on my own, I hope the little gallery gives you a little clue 🙂

Also the scenery is just as great and there’s so many activities that you could easily spend two weeks there without getting bored (well, when the weather allows it), especially mountain biking and downhill tracks are big hits there. To prevent ourselves from injuries and sick days, we went for the “soft” version and did a tour on e-bikes in the valley – and oh, if you think they’re just for old people – you’re wrong! There are some cool off-road bikes out there and still you to need to pedal to get around 😉 However it’s a nice support to have a electric motor especially if you’re going uphill. The reward for the workout were the beautiful views and a hearty lunch break.

The second day finally greeted us with clear skies, which was perfect for our archery class and a heavenly fondue dinner at a beautiful wooden cabin from where you could see the sunset. Life’s good.

mama thresl

The hotel building

BalconyWaking up with the sun

Hochfilzen/Leogang/Saalfelden

Seehütte – lunch break

SeehütteSeealmThe view from the room, amazing isn’t it?

My balcony view. Pure eye-candy!View from the cable car summit station (Asitz).

Glacier viewAsitz summit stationDownhill bike trackInto the forest, where our archery class took place.

Archery coursePriesteregg – a rustic, wooden cabin and an excellent restaurant!

Did you enjoy this post? If yes, I’d be very happy about a “like” on my Facebook page or follow me on TwitterGoogle+Bloglovin or Instagram! THANK YOU ❤️‍ 🙂

• Reply Moritz October 2, 2015 at 11:31 pm

Looks like Looks absolutely amazing. The natur ein the alps is just beautiful 🙂

• Reply sileas October 3, 2015 at 9:17 am

You’re right. It amazes me every time!

• Reply Sabrina October 2, 2015 at 11:47 pm

I absolutely adore the shower in the hotel! Do you know how much your bosses paid for it? 🙂

• Reply sileas October 3, 2015 at 9:16 am

It wasn’t so bad, they paid 120 EUR per room and night, single occupancy. Including a huge breakfast buffet. However it was low season, so I’d check out their website: http://www.mama-thresl.com/de/index/1-0.html 😉

• Reply Sabrina October 4, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Thanks a lot! 120 EUR per night sound pretty affordable 🙂

• Reply Bash Harry October 3, 2015 at 10:26 am

I’m so happy that you’ve been traveling a lot and that you went to so many beautiful places! Leogang looks gorgeous, woah! <3

xx Bash | Hey Bash | bloglovin’

• Reply sileas October 3, 2015 at 10:50 am

Thank you for your lovely comment! I just saw your blog and it blew my mind away!

• Reply kmkucharski October 3, 2015 at 4:23 pm

Gorgeous location and all the photos are smashing! What a wonderful work trip. My travel list is lengthening!

• Reply sileas October 4, 2015 at 10:54 am

Thank you, it was definitely one of the nicer business trips 😉 Too many gorgeous places out there!

• Reply The Tastemonials October 3, 2015 at 6:48 pm

Wie immer sooo schöne Bilder von Dir. Deinen Hoteltipp hab ich mir gleich in die Favoriten abgelegt für den nächsten Aktiv-Freundinnen-Urlaub 😉 Liebe Grüsse, Heike

• Reply sileas October 5, 2015 at 6:32 pm

Dankeschön, ich freue mich immer sehr über deine netten Worte 🙂 Unbedingt, ihr werdet dieses Hotel lieben!

• Reply Paleica October 4, 2015 at 11:37 am

ich liebeliebeliebe ja diese gegend. die natur dort ist einfach der hammer. erinnert mich daran, dass ich heuer im sommer eigentlich unbedingt einen tag bei uns im werk mit krimmler wasserfällen verbinden wollte – aber irgendwie vor lauter sonstigen sachen einfahc nicht dazugekommen bin. naja – hoffentlich nächstes jahr!
    das hotel ist ja der hammer. ich LIEBE solche unterkünfte.

• Reply sileas October 5, 2015 at 6:29 pm

Ohja Krimml usw. – in dieser Gegend gibt es so viel mehr zu entdecken! Ich war auch total angetan von der Landschaft, aber vor allem MUSS ich unbedingt wieder zurück in dieses Hotel 😉

• Reply Paleica October 6, 2015 at 7:40 am

😀 vielleicht lässt sich das ja irgendwann auf einer unserer geschäftsreisen acuh mal unterbringen, hehe. sieht echt sooo toll aus!

• Reply sileas October 6, 2015 at 12:33 pm

Na klar, ihr müsst einfach ganz “zufällig” dort vorbei 😉

• Reply SueT唐 梦 琇 October 4, 2015 at 10:27 pm

What a great post, I absolutely loved the photos with the stunning blue skies and clouds. I now look forward to following your stories.

• Reply sileas October 5, 2015 at 6:26 pm

Thank you very much Sue, I’m happy you like it. Cool, let’s keep updated with our travels 🙂

• Reply annie lee October 5, 2015 at 4:49 pm

That hotel is so cozy, totally my style!!! Super photogenic it was i bet hehe it’s nice how you get to stay in nice hotels like these!

• Reply sileas October 5, 2015 at 6:42 pm

Photogenic it is, too bad I didn’t take more pics. That trip is probably the best part of work, although that happens waay to rarely 😉

• Reply rae tashman (@lovefromberlin) October 5, 2015 at 8:48 pm

Wow Salzburg is just absolutely breathtaking and it looks like you had a fantastic time. Would love to visit myself one day! Thanks for sharing these photos and is that Flammkuchen I see?!

Rae | Love from Berlin

• Reply sileas October 7, 2015 at 11:12 am

Thank you, it was great. And yes, we had Flammkuchen 😉

• Reply 2015 – A travel year in review | sweet/escapes January 3, 2016 at 7:02 pm

[…] alps, like here in Leogang, never fail to amaze […]

• Reply Nat Worldwild June 17, 2017 at 9:29 pm

Deine Artikel und Fotos sind wirklich hilfreich! Ich klicke mich gerade durch deine Artikel durch, auf der Suche nach einer schönen Wanderdestination in Österreich für eine Woche – vorzugsweise im Salzburger Land. Über Leogang habe ich nun schon viel gelesen. Meinst du, es ist überlaufen in der Haupt- und Ferienzeit? Ich mag ja eher ruhige Orte.
    Liebe Grüße nach NY!

• Reply sileas June 19, 2017 at 1:40 pm

Ui das freut mich zu hören 🙂 Ich war damals Anfang September in Leogang und ich empfand es als ziemlich ruhig. Wie es im Hochsommer dort aussieht kann ich leider nicht beurteilen, aber das Gebiet ist groß – ich kann mir also nicht vorstellen, dass man dort wirklichen Menschenmassen begegnet 😉 Viel Spaß beim Planen!