New York City

New York City Spring Vibes

May 15, 2016
New York City spring tips

the city so nice, they named it twice… Ok, so I’ve been to the Big Apple for the 3rd time in 3 years now and maybe some mindful readers have already noticed that I’m having a long distance relationship and this is the city where my bf lives and works 😉 By now I don’t feel like a tourist anymore although there are dozens of neighbourhoods I haven’t been to yet. However even for a New Yorker it’s difficult to get to know all parts of that gigantic city and usually life focuses on certain areas in where living, working and entertainment happens. In our case it’s Bay Ridge (Brooklyn) where my bf’s apartment is located, SoHo, where he works, Chinatown – where we usually eat and shop and East Village (thanks to great Japanese and Thai restaurants) – just to name a few…

NYC32

Grocery shopping or getting a bagel in around the corner – I usually go out in sweat pants when we stay in the hood 😉

NYC31

I actually don’t know what I want to show or tell you as we didn’t do any tourist stuff or anything exciting. Basically we were just doing ordinary things as running errands, shopping or work (well my bf did). Anyways, we traveled a little throughout the city and I managed to capture some snaps of street art, architecture, landmarks and other random stuff. Maybe you get an impression of how ordinary life looks like in NYC?

NYC33I love markets and there’s a little but cute farmer’s market at Union Square!

NYC5 NYC8 NYC3 NYC4Industry City, Brooklyn

NYC6

NYC25NYC26

NYC15

One of the few sunny days which we spent at Central Park. By that time I walked my feet off like crazy and I was sooo tired x__x

NYC9 NYC10

NYC14 NYC18

NYC17

A giant oleander, isn’t that cool?

NYC24

Unfortunately most of the time it was pretty rainy and chilly but that didn’t harm the impressive architecture…

NYC30 Chinatown, maybe my favourite neighbourhood in NYC. Last year I also visited the Chinatown in Brooklyn.

NYC28 NYC29

Although I couldn’t give you any tips on where to go and what to see, I hope you enjoyed this photo diary (or at least didn’t bore you too much). If you can’t get enough of NYC, I’d be happy if you check out my previous visit. And I can’t wait to show you what we ate on my next post 😉

Have you been to New York? What was your favourite neighbourhood or experience (or even your least favourite)? I’d love to read about it!

• Reply barryaday May 15, 2016 at 7:12 pm

Very nice blog. I remember going atop the twin towers with my son the last time I was there. We both have fond memories of going to the top.

• Reply sileas May 20, 2016 at 11:27 am

Wow I wish I’d have seen NY when the twin towers still existed… Very precious memories you have!

• Reply Vicky T. May 15, 2016 at 10:19 pm

Even though I was born and raised in the U.S, I’ve never been to New York lol. I think sometimes not doing all the tourist stuff is the best way to really see the city and this seems like a relaxing trip. Can’t wait to see what you ate in New York!

• Reply sileas May 20, 2016 at 11:31 am

I haven’t been to LA yet but I assume it’s very different from NY 😉 I’m very happy that I got the chance to see a different view from the city!

• Reply annie lee May 16, 2016 at 1:40 pm

why is it that everyone is in NY right now? like so many of my friends are there too! makes me wonder what i’m doing with my life right now… 🙁 hahaha anyways i love seeing new cities through your lens julia!! beautiful beautiful captures x

• Reply sileas May 20, 2016 at 11:33 am

Oh really?! Maybe that’s a sign… Nah don’t worry you’re life is absolutely fine 😉

• Reply Kathi May 16, 2016 at 3:40 pm

Ach, ich hab mich so auf deinen New-York-Artikel gefreut. Ich liebe deine Fotos! 🙂
    Wir haben beim letzten Mal in New York in Brooklyn (Brooklyn Heights bzw. Dumbo) gewohnt und dort fand ich es unerwartet toll 🙂
    Liebe Grüße,
    Kathi

• Reply sileas May 20, 2016 at 11:39 am

Vielen Dank, ich kann gar nicht genug genug sagen wie sehr ich mich über dieses Kompliment freue 🙂 In Brooklyn gibt es auch tolle Gegenden und es ist weniger hektisch als in Manhattan…

• Reply tiffanytales May 16, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Beautiful photography! I’m planning a trip next June and I can’t wait x

Tiffany Tales – A British Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

• Reply sileas May 20, 2016 at 11:39 am

Thank you! What a great time to visit!

• Reply Elizabeth T. May 17, 2016 at 5:41 am

Such lovely captures of even ordinary moments 🙂 I think that’s one of my favorite aspects of traveling! New York is one of my favorite cities away from home hehe! Hope you had lots of fun!

XO, Elizabeth

• Reply sileas May 20, 2016 at 11:44 am

I did and I can’t wait to visit again 🙂 Thank you Elizabeth!

• Reply Paleica May 17, 2016 at 7:19 am

wow, wien-NY, das ist wirklich quite long distance ^.^ schön, NY mal von einer ganz anderen seite zu sehen, ein bisschen “echtes” leben abseits der spots, die man sonst immer kennt!

• Reply sileas May 20, 2016 at 11:52 am

Ja der Sightseeing-Stress kann gerade in einer so reizüberfluteten Stadt wie NY schon mal zu viel werden, deshalb bin ich ganz froh wenn ich’s dort ganz gemütlich angehen kann 🙂 Fernbeziehung ist zwar auch nicht immer einfach, aber ich hätte es wesentlich schlechter erwischen können 😉

• Reply Paleica May 20, 2016 at 11:54 am

😀 das stimmt allerdings 😉

• Reply Mitzie Mee May 17, 2016 at 9:50 pm

New York is my favorite city in the world, and I love it so much I sometimes feel that I have a long distance relationship with the city itself:) Lovely photos! I’m visiting New York again in September, and this time I’ll bring my husband, who’ve never been to New York before.

• Reply sileas May 20, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Oh that sounds exciting, so you have someone to guide around 🙂 It’s probably one of those cities you either love or hate but I count myself to the first too!

• Reply SueT唐 梦 琇 May 18, 2016 at 3:34 am

Excellent photo diary Julia. Loved your view of NY through your eyes. Have been there twice and enjoyed it very much. Went to Brooklyn and really loved that place.

• Reply sileas May 21, 2016 at 8:01 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed it! Thanks so much as always 😉

• Reply rae tashman (@lovefromberlin) May 18, 2016 at 12:45 pm

What stunning photos! It makes me miss New York City so much!

Rae | Love from Berlin

• Reply sileas May 21, 2016 at 8:02 pm

Hehe, thank you 😉

• Reply Tiffany. Yang May 19, 2016 at 1:45 pm

i love New York. I’ve been there once, and I’m going there again this September.
    I love seeing the city through your lens, good to know you are enjoying the city.

Tiffany

• Reply sileas May 21, 2016 at 8:04 pm

Oh great, that’s very exciting! Thanks Tiffany 🙂

• Reply Natalie June 1, 2016 at 11:11 am

Richtig tolle Fotos und toller Beitrag! Ich war auch grad erst in New York und liebe diese Stadt einfach!