Destinations General

12 magische Mottos – same, same but different

June 16, 2016
Moorea beach

*remark* Somehow it seems like my last post about Bermuda has been overlooked according to its bad statistics 🙁 Please give it a boost (later) if you missed it  – thank you 😘  *self-promotion off*

If you’ve been following my blog for a while, you probably know by now that I’m a beach bum through and through… So Paleica, who initiated her Blog Carnival “12 magische Mottos” (12 magic mottos) totally guessed right about my contribution to this’ month theme same same but different: It’s sea and sand – same ingredients but in different shapes and locations 🙂  (Btw most pics have been published already and I placed the links to the according posts…)

A shaded spot at Koh Yao Yai, Thailand

KY14So close you can wave to each other – Mai Khao Beach, Phuket, Thailand

Phuket4My favourite playground at Koh Kradan, Thailand

KK19Watching the sunset by the beach, something I never get tired of – Koh Lanta, Thailand

Beautiful sunsetJust a stretch of sand – not more. And still the most beautiful piece of earth I’ve ever set foot on… –Maldives

Maldives12 A local touch – Ngwe Saung Beach, Burma

Burma25Shouldn’t it always look like that when you arrive at an island? – Pulau Perhentian, Malaysia

Malaysia1The climb was rough but the view was worth it: Voidokilia Bay, Greece

Voidokilia BayStars’n stripes at Miami’s legendary South Beach, Florida

Miami BeachYep, another sunset pic because it goes just too well –Florida Keys, Florida

Bahia Honda sunset Although on the “wrong” coast of the U.S – who doesn’t want be rescued by Mitch Buchannon (or C.J Parker) here? –Hollywood Beach, Florida

Hollywood Beach Italy and its beach umbrellas – a real classic! Grado, Italy

Umbrellas wherever you look...I also wanted to add some new photos which haven’t been published on this blog yet. Here are some of my favourites:

Paradise found on Alona Beach, Panglao, Philippines

AlonaBeach It was like a dream came true when I saw Australia’s most popular beach for the first time – Bondi Beach, Australia

BondiBeachThe ugly truth: I didn’t want to spare you this photo guys! Mostly when a beach got a certain reputation, you won’t have it on your own. Still a beautiful place but you should know what to expect if you don’t want to get disappointed when visiting Maya Bay, Koh Phi Phi, Thailand…

KohPhiPhi It’s so damn far but I’m so much hoping that I’ll  be back one day…- Moorea, French Polynesia

Moorea Temperatures just below 0°C but still enjoying the beach? Only if you’re wearing thick clothes and the beach looks like that! – Udo Island, South Korea

UdoI hope you enjoyed my little beach tour 😉 What’s your favourite stretch of sand? Please let me know!

• Reply Kathi June 16, 2016 at 6:09 pm

Ich bekomm gerade ärgstes Fernweh! Soooo viele schöne Strände – ein Wahnsinn! Den schönsten Strand meines Lebens hab ich glaub ich auf Karimunjawa in Indonesien gesehen bzw. auf einer vorgelagerten Insel. Das war wirklich paradiesisch *.*

• Reply sileas June 21, 2016 at 1:05 pm

Das hat mich jetzt sehr neugierig gemacht, diese Insel muss ich jetzt mal googeln 😉

• Reply Urska @ Slovenian Girl Abroad June 16, 2016 at 7:06 pm

Love your photos! They made me want to book the ticket, pack my bags and escape cold and rain for those places.

• Reply sileas June 21, 2016 at 1:06 pm

Thank you! I totally feel the same but I don’t give up the hope yet that summer will hit us here soon 😛

• Reply Paleica June 17, 2016 at 6:49 am

wieso hat denn dein bermuda beitrag nicht soviel aufsehen erregt? die bilder waren doch so schön! O.o

eine tolle serie, einfach herrlich! da bin ich mit meinem tipp ja richtig gelegen 🙂

• Reply sileas June 21, 2016 at 1:11 pm

Oh danke! Keine Ahnung, aber aus irgendeinem Grund hatte der letzte Beitrag nur halb so viele Views wie im Durchschnitt 🙁 Aber dieser Beitrag hat echt Spaß gemacht und gab mir die Gelegenheit ein wenig in den Erinnerungen zu kramen! Danke nochmal für die Idee 😉

• Reply Tiffany. Yang June 17, 2016 at 5:07 pm

omg, these beach photos are amazing! Makes me wanna visit one soon. 🙂

Tiffany

• Reply sileas June 21, 2016 at 1:12 pm

Hehe I know right? 😉 We all need a beach getaway from time to time…

• Reply SueT唐 梦 琇 June 18, 2016 at 7:03 am

What magnificent photos Julia; I am still looking to see which are my favourites. I love your French Polynesia, Maldives, Greece and Florida Keys photos – and I have not been to any of these places. You have certainly travelled a lot to such wonderful places. Thanks for mentioning our Bondi Beach – I used to go there a lot as a much younger girl.

• Reply sileas June 22, 2016 at 9:21 am

Hi Sue, I’m glad you enjoyed the photos! I loved Bondi Beach and actually all the other beaches along the coastal walk. It was surreal to be there and I’m envying the lucky people who live nearby 😉

• Reply Mitzie Mee June 19, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Gorgeous photos! I visited Maya Bay again this year and it is really crowded and touristy. Cool that you show what it’s actually like, but how amazing it must have been before the tour groups arrived. Regarding the beach on Phuket, Poul and I are hoping that he’ll get that flight soon (he’s a pilot) and then I can fly over in advance and take a photo of him on the approach:)

• Reply sileas June 22, 2016 at 9:24 am

It must be the most convenient thing to have a pilot as a husband when you love to travel… Haha that would be an awesome shot to capture him in the plane 😀

• Reply mintnoti June 21, 2016 at 4:06 pm

These beaches are so beautiful! I love Clearwater Beach in Florida, but I would love to visit the beaches in Thailand — they look incredible! Great post 🙂

Eden | Mint Notion

• Reply sileas June 22, 2016 at 9:26 am

Thank you! Oh yeah, Florida wins the prize for the best beaches on the East coast 😉

• Reply fromdreamtoplan June 22, 2016 at 9:49 am

Your pictures are always the best!! I enjoyed reading this post!
    P.S.
    I have nominated you for a tag about your travels:
    I hope you will be pleased 🙂

• Reply sileas June 23, 2016 at 9:17 am

Oh thank you, I feel honored 🙂 That was a fun read!

• Reply laragarvie June 22, 2016 at 3:17 pm

This is such a unique travel post! I absolutely love it and can I just say, I was drooling at that picture of the Maldives. Goodness it looks like a little slice of paradise.

• Reply sileas June 23, 2016 at 9:31 am

I’m so happy about your kind words! Thank you!

• Reply Tiff @ Tiff Goes To June 26, 2016 at 5:03 pm

Feeling very jelly about this post, as I love beach, and all these beaches are so gorgeous!!!!
    I can’t believe I missed out Alona Beach…well we were tired from the morning island hopping, I seriously can’t believe that signature palm tree is from there, I mean its like a stamp I’ve been here, haha…I think that’s all i want.

Tiff

• Reply sileas June 29, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Haha I’m not sure if the palm tree is still there actually, it looked more like it will fall off soon 😀

• Reply jewels June 28, 2016 at 10:54 am

Not feeling jealous at all – loved this post!! I may have to do something similar…! 😉

• Reply sileas June 29, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Thank you! Well, I guess a beach post never fails!!

• Reply Blueberry Stories July 19, 2016 at 2:15 pm

Great pics, I can’t stop dreaming about those beaches now! I’m happy I’ve found your blog 🙂

• Reply sileas July 20, 2016 at 10:47 am

Thank you dear, likewise! I’m always flattered about new readers 🙂